I Am Legend

Yesterday, while very tired, I wound up watching a bootleg DVD of I Am Legend, with Will Smith. I've heard mixed reviews, but here's my take: The movie was pretty much a one-man-show with Mr. Smith. The title for the movie is pretty lame. It all seems like a self-aggrandizing, egotistical venture for Will Smith. However, I decided to give the movie a fair chance. Apparently, it was actually a 1954 sci-fi novella by Richard Matheson, which has influenced works by George Romero and even the British film 28 Days Later. I don't know much about the novella that Matheson wrote, but this movie was easy as hell to predict!

Bottom line: If you don't like watching movies that are ridiculously predictable, then just stay away.

Or, if you really like Will Smith, do watch. The movie is very Will Smith-centric. But I still think the dog stole the show from him! She is so cute...oh German Shepards! Anyway, the vampire baddy people were also kinda cool, but that's just cuz I like to see zombie/vampire baddies. Only other point of contention is that sometimes the movie seemed to drag on and on with Will Smith and a few character-related flashbacks.

There's not much to say. The plot is quite simple and predictable, especially if you are already familiar with vampire/zombie/disaster movies. But it is worth watching if you like Will Smith or are a vampire/zombie movie freak. Give it a try, but don't expect anything extremely new or different.

0 comments: